£35 - £40 per hour
8 months ago
Our client is seeking a Principal Infrastructure Funding Negotiator on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £35.00 - £40.00 Per Hour PAYE.
In this role, you will need to provide, as a line manager, guidance, advice and support, as the professional specialist lead negotiating and securing s106 agreements, to ensure a high-quality, coordinated service
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To represent and articulate the County Council's advice on development proposals including infrastructure and service requirements dealing with developers, landowners, City & District councils and others
- To identify, justify, coordinate, negotiate and secure funding for county council service infrastructure needs arising from development proposals
- To negotiate and secure key infrastructure and land from the initial approach from the developer, pre-application discussions through to the signing of the S106 agreement providing an audit trail of decisions made
- To instruct, manage and monitor the production of the legal agreement, liaising with Legal Services and consulting with other expert officers.
- To present and help defend the County Council's case in relation to infrastructure funding matters at planning appeals as required
- Will lead, coordinate strategies for developing the funding and securing of infrastructure
- To support and deputise for the Infrastructure Team Funding Manager as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in dealing with S106 Agreements
- Degree or equivalent qualification in the relevant subject area
- Substantial experience working within the specified area of expertise
- experience in working at a similar level in Local Government
- The top end of the salary range will require in addition to the above:
- a management qualification or significant management experience within a similar workplace
- Substantial experience of working in an environment with high risks to safety and reputation
- Substantial experience of managing and/or operating high-value service contracts.
- Experience of engagement in the industry at a regional or national level
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.