£10.44 - £10.96 per hour
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant / Secretary to join our clients offices based in Sandbach on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Personal Assistant / Secretary, your main duties will include:
- Provide a full secretarial service within the Directorates of Cheshire East Council in respect of all internal and external activities, so as to maximise the effective use of Directors'/Heads of Services' time.
- Undertake a full range of administrative tasks as required relating to the Executive Office functions in order to enable the team to manage the activities effectively and efficiently.
- Organise meetings and other events involving the relevant Directorate/Heads of Service as necessary; attend, take accurate notes and draft minutes as required, arrange and monitor subsequent follow up action to ensure the efficient and timely despatch of business.
- Read incoming correspondence and reply on own initiative or draft letters and straightforward reports so as to make best use of the Directors'/Heads of Services' time.
- Respond to complex enquiries, both telephone or in person from a wide range of contacts, such as Elected Members, MPs, Chief Executives, members of the public, assessing their urgency and importance and deciding on an appropriate course of action. Deal with issue directly or liaise with other Managers, etc., to avoid unnecessary disruption of the Directorate/ Heads of Service time.
To be successful for this Personal Assistant / Secretary you will need to have:
- Formal secretarial training, or NVQ Level 3 qualification in Business Administration, or equivalent qualification/ experience
- RSA Level 3 qualification or equivalent
- GSCEs, or equivalent, including English and Maths
- Experience working in a senior secretarial/personal assistant role within a busy office environment, preferably within a local government setting
- Diary management
- Accurate typing (to a minimum of 60 words per minute) and shorthand (up to a minimum of 100 wpm) skills to ensure effective note and minute taking
- Able to effectively use a wide range of office equipment, including audio-typing and telephone conferencing equipment
- Good planning and organisational skills - for diary management and organisation of events/meetings, etc
- Fact finding, research and analytical skills - e.g. able to undertake research on specified topics, etc
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.