£10.44 - £10.96 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Personal Assistant / Secretary to join our clients offices based in Sandbach on a temporary contract basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension.
As the Personal Assistant / Secretary, your main duties will include:
- Provide a full secretarial service within the Executive Office of Cheshire East Council in respect of all internal and external activities, so as to maximise the effective use of Directors/ HOS time.
- Undertake a full range of administrative tasks as required relating to the Executive Office functions in order to enable the team to manage the activities effectively and efficiently.
- Organise meetings and other events involving the relevant Directorate/ Heads of Service as necessary; attend, take accurate notes and draft minutes as required, arrange and monitor subsequent follow up action to ensure the efficient and timely despatch of business.
- Read incoming correspondence and reply on own initiative or draft letters and straightforward reports so as to make best use of the Directorate/ Heads of Service time.
- Respond to complex enquiries, both telephone or in person from a wide range of contacts, such as Elected Members, MPs, Chief Executives, members of the public, assessing their urgency and importance and deciding on an appropriate course of action. Deal with issue directly or liaise with other Managers etc to avoid unnecessary disruption of the Directorate/ Heads of Service time.
- Undertake research for the Directorate/ Heads of Service on specified topics, produce data / reports using appropriate formats and language to enable the intended audience to formulate views and make decisions.
To be successful for this Personal Assistant / Secretary role you will need to have:
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.