Up to £10.97 per hour + PAYE
12 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Personal Assistant to join our busy offices based in Sandbach on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £10.97 p/h PAYE.
As the Personal Assistant, your main duties will include:
- Provide a full personal and confidential secretarial and administrative executive support service for multiple Directors, including the preparation of documents, agendas, drafting reports, taking of minutes at meetings and updating databases so that they can successfully undertake their role maximising the effective and efficient use of time.
- Screen visitors, telephone calls and email correspondence addressed to the Directors. Acting as the first point of contact and, in the absence of the Directors, exercise a high degree of initiative, integrity and sensitivity, making appropriate judgements and decisions in order to deal effectively with matters as they arise, particularly complex, personal or political natured matters.
- Strategic management and planning of the Directors diary, commitments and schedules; liaising closely with colleagues supporting the wider Executive Team to ensure that the Executive Directors and Directors work programmes, attendance at events and other activities complement each other.
- Liaise and consult with Services to provide early warnings and prompt briefings for the Directors on major issues affecting local government in general and their impact in Cheshire East so that strategic responses can be appropriately planned and that the Directors are kept well informed.
- Arrange transport and accommodation as required, often of a complex nature, both inside and outside the UK, researching all options and liaising with colleagues on all available suitable options, to ensure the best use of their time and resources.
- Manage the flow of correspondence to and from the Directors. Read and evaluate incoming correspondence and reply on own initiative or draft letters and straightforward reports, ensuring a high standard of written work so as to make the best use of the Directors time.
- Produce documents, often of a highly sensitive and confidential nature, accurately and to deadlines, including correspondence in the form of letters, memos and reports and, in addition, drafting documents using ICT systems, Microsoft packages (PowerPoint, Excel, etc).
- To cover for the Executive Personal Assistant during the absence
To be successful for this Personal Assistant post you will need to have:
- ECDL or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- RSA level 3 qualifications.
- Experience of working as a PA to a Directors or equivalent Board Level Executive
- Extended experience working in a senior secretarial/personal assistant role within a local government setting
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.