£22021.00 - £23122.05 per annum
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Personal Assistant on a permanent basis.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
£22021.00 per year
- To provide comprehensive and efficient secretarial and administrative support to the team.
- To assist County Legal Services in maintaining the provision of an effective and efficient legal service to the County Council in compliance with the Office Procedures Manual formulated in accordance with the Law Society's Practice Management Standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support and work with all the fee earners and officers, to include:
- preparation of documents
- preparation of court documents and associated documents
- copy-typing and audio-typing
- liaising with client departments, the court, private practice, solicitors and barristers.
- All secretarial and administrative duties including photocopying, filing, faxing, minute taking, use of email (including secure email), arranging meetings, taking accurate messages, deliveries to court and other legal offices, DXing, and such other administrative duties as may be required.
- To assist in the creation and upkeep of legal and other databases and support paperless working.
- In the absence of an appropriate fee earner to identify any urgent matters and to raise these with another appropriate fee earner or Line Manager.
- To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time, including assisting other teams within Legal Services if necessary
- To provide cover for other Legal Secretaries and the Administrator when required.
For all staff - You have specific responsibilities under Health & Safety legislation to ensure that you:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety, and that of others affected by what you do, or do not do
- Cooperate on all issues involving health and safety
- Use work items provided for you correctly, in accordance with training and instructions
- Do not interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health, safety or welfare
- Report any health and safety concerns to your line manager as soon as practicable
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communications skills both written and oral
- Team working
- Ability to work creatively and flexibly
- IT literate
- 2 years' experience within a professional office
- The ability to word process accurately from dictation and hard copy.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases