£130.00 - £136.5 per day
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Performance Analyst on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 35 Hours
Pay Rate: £130.00 Daily
Co-ordinate and deliver data collections and statutory returns in order to meet the information needs of the Children, Schools and Families department. Extract data from case management and other systems used by the department to develop reports, using analytic techniques, ensuring accuracy, clarity and timeliness. Develop and contribute to the co-ordination and production of management information, analysis and dissemination to internal and external customers. Maintain and develop shared systems in order to improve the supply and use of high quality data across the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to Research and Information Manager for matters relating to data collection, research, and statistical analysis including:
- Co-ordination of elements of data collection across the department, this includes schools, social care, youth justice, youth service and partners.
- Management of the collection and collation of statutory returns as well as other local performance indicators.
- Production of data reports, which are accurate, clear, timely and fit for purpose for use within the department, corporate reporting or for partnership use (e.g. Merton's Safeguarding Children Board).
- Continuous improvement of data quality through case management and information systems including shared information systems
- To work on a wide range of information systems across the children services, ensuring inter-operability with team colleagues and that data from diverse systems is pulled together, cleansed and analysed.
- To carry out duties in accordance with government / departmental guidance, local and national safeguarding guidance.
- To comply and work within Freedom of Information Law, Data protection Law and Caldecott guidance.
- Contribute to cross team objectives and projects within the department and corporately.
- Contribute to the formulation and implementation of the team business plan.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all data as necessary, especially with regard to electronic data transfer.
- Comply with Corporate and Departmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure the Council's Equal Opportunities and Disability Discrimination Policies are adhered to.
- Ensure that the Authority's aims regarding customer awareness are achieved.
- Undertake any other duties as may, from time to time, be required by division's managers providing they are commensurate with general duties and grading of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Expertise and skills in SQL reporting, ideally using Mosaic and Corius, data extraction, manipulation and analysis.
- An understanding of the key legislation and issues relating to the development of children services and more broadly local government.
- Good understanding of data protection, Freedom of Information and Caldecott Law and Guidance
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to analyse and evaluate information and apply criteria to make judgements.
- Excellent ICT skills and an ability to use these for analytic purposes.
- Good interpersonal skills including an ability to work collaboratively and effectively within the team, across departments and schools.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written and an ability to translate complex developments into accessible language.
- Ability to take ownership for supporting and delivering improvements in data quality
- Strong performance management skills to contribute positively to corporate and departmental performance monitoring requirements.
- Ability to work collaboratively across divisional / departmental / partnership projects and teams.
- Ability to comply with corporate equal opportunities and health and safety policies / procedures and ensure that the authorities aims regarding customer awareness are achieved.
- To develop and maintain links with other council officers and external agencies in order to link the departments data with other data sets including those of partners.
- Experience of successful collection, analysis, utilisation of data and the production of a range of statistical reports from children social care and / or education systems.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases