£10.00 - £10.50 per hour
17 days ago
Our client is seeking a Pensions Administrator on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- To calculate and administer the benefits of the Local Government Pension Scheme in accordance with Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Regulations; Fire Scheme Pension Regulations; overriding-Pension Regulations; HMRC Regulations; Fund discretion and Scheme Employer discretion's
- Develop knowledge, skills and expertise in a Pension service area(s) which will be the main focus of your work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To have or develop, and maintain knowledge of current and previous LGPS / Fire Scheme regulations, other appropriate legislation and employer discretion in order to interpret and apply the correct regulations to benefit calculations
- To be able to calculate (using Altair or manually, as appropriate) and / or pay scheme benefits for retirements; deaths; estimates;; redundancy; refunds of contributions; preserved benefits and transfers of benefits out of the scheme. Note payments will be made either using Altair immediate payments or Altair pensioner payroll.
- To be able calculate (either using Altair or manually) the effect on scheme benefits of changes to working hours; maternity leave; paternity leave; unpaid leave; pensions increase; ill health enhancements; guaranteed minimum pensions (GMP); transfer of benefits in to the scheme; re-employment of pensioners and merged benefits. Note: this list is not exhaustive.
- To be able to validate (using Altair or manually) the work of other Benefit Administrators in respect of transfers of benefits in and out of the scheme (IFA); leavers; re-employments; maternity leave; name changes and address changes.
- In all cases to update or verify that the information to the Altair database has been been input accurately and in accordance team procedures; pension fund regulations; the requirements of The Pension Regulation and taking account of data protection.
- To provide scheme members and scheme employers with clear, concise and accurate information about the provisions of the previous or current regulations and how these will apply in specific circumstances.
- To review the data received from scheme employers for accuracy and consistency - challenging and querying this where there are anomalies - to ensure that data can be uploaded to pension system.
- To maintain records of data received and any queries generated.
- To liaise with scheme employers where they are TUPE transferring employees to ensure that the correct process for admitted body status is applied
- To liaise with schools converting to academy status to ensure that the correct process is applied
- To maintain accurate records of scheme employer information
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of Pension Services procedures by ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with current procedures and by contributing to the review of those procedures and trialling and implementing any proposed or agreed changes.
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to grade and level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person.
- Good analogical skills, able to interpret information and relate to regulatory provisions.
- To be able to undertake complex numerical calculations.
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks, with an eye for detail.
- Initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change.
- Ability to attend work regularly and on time.
- Use of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook to at least a Basic level.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases