£15.11 - £15.86 per hour
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pcn Appeals Officer to join our clients offices based in Wembley on a temporary contract basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Pcn Appeals Officer, your main duties will include:
- To be highly proficient in the use of the standard word processing systems used to progress parking appeals, and continue to maintain that proficiency as and when new software packages are added.
- To have a complete understanding of the relevant traffic and parking legislation, to consider appeals following 'representations' under that legislation, be responsible for deciding on whether the appeal is to be accepted or rejected, and send out appropriate decision letters.
- Prepare appeal papers for submission to the Environment and Traffic Appeals service, and where necessary represent the Council at Appeal Court Hearings. Ensure that all appeals are dealt with within the time limits specified within the relevant legislation.
- Prepare evidence for legal actions in the County Court
- Administer the Debt Recovery process, including the administration of witness statements, the management of bailiffs and County Court hearings; ensuring that the debt is administered within legal constraints and according to policies and procedures.
- Respond to enquiries, service requests and complaints from all sources, especially members of the public, and including: councillors; statutory and other bodies; and other Council departments/units; in an appropriate and professional manner within corporate timescales.
To be successful for this Pcn Appeals Officer post you will need to have:
- Possess an in-depth and current knowledge of all decriminalised parking and moving traffic legislative controls, and enforcement requirements & processes
- Possess a high standard of numeracy, literacy and grammatical accuracy.
- Previous experience of processing high volumes of correspondence
- Experience of processing parking or traffic representations and appeals
- Experience of meeting targets for both qualitative and quantitative performance
- Proven ability to assess formal parking or moving traffic representations, make case decisions and explain the basis for that decision
- Possess the necessary interpersonal skills to handle disagreement and conflict (affecting you or other colleagues), constructively, professionally and safely
- Communications skills
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.