£14.00 - £14.70 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Payroll Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £14.00 P/H PAYE
To assist the payroll manager in end to end processes of the Council's payroll operations, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is carried out efficiently, whilst complying with statutory regulations and council's policy. To provide advice to staff on our occupational pension schemes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile all payroll payments to the general ledger and adjust control accounts as appropriate.
- To support and test upgrades, system developments and statutory changes including user acceptance testing and ensuring user training requirements are met.
- To ensure system background data and system set up is maintained in line with the Council's requirements and to provide consultation to key stake holders
- Provide support on deployment and training on new systems
- Work closely with the payroll manager to support effective working relationships, acting as an effective ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
- Deliver a customer focused service, making effective use of resources.
- Foster a consistent cross One Council culture by ensuring that Council's overall vision, values and ethos are central to the approach taken
- Support staff teams to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, which includes developing and improving the capability of staff within work area, motivating and mentoring them to better meet the current and future requirements of the unit.
- Prepare and send standard, tailored and bespoke documents
- Liaise with customers and manage complex payroll issues, supervising colleagues on a project basis (for example, planning and managing TUPE transfers and large service reviews)
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Experience:
- Using Microsoft Office products and ability to accurately input and retrieve information in specialist systems
- Detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- Substantial experience in using a complex computerised payroll systems in a similar sized organisation involving all aspects of payroll
- Pension scheme administration
- Good understanding of data protection and security
- Delivering payroll services in a large organisation.
- Initiative & self motivation.
- Flexible approach to work, both time & duties
- Ability to proactively work across teams and use consultative processes to improve the outcomes in debt recovery cases
- Commitment to delivering excellent customer service and an active drive for continuous improvement
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases