£200 - £300 per day + DOE
20 days ago
A 6 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Manager within the local authorities in Wembley.
To manage the Council's payroll service, ensuring that each stage of the payroll process is properly carried out, that all staff are paid correctly, and on time in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. To ensure that correct payments are made and appropriate information provided to our pension schemes, HMRC and other statutory and pension scheme bodies.
To provide advice on all payroll matters. This includes the provision of specialist advice and support on complex issues, either personally or through others.
To ensure the Council is fully aware of changes in relevant legislation and regulations and that they are implemented in an efficient and timely way, either by directly changing procedures or reporting the need for change to senior management.
To enforce payroll policies within the payroll service and acorss the organisation, ensuring appropriate control measures are in place, and managing relationships with Senior Leaders, Operational Managers and employees.
Responsibility: The post holder is responsible for the management of the payroll system through which over £100m p.a is paid, and for managing technically complex relationships with HMRC and other government and/or regulatory bodies.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
- Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
- Ensure that the council's overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
- To undertake research including identifying examples of established best practice in other authorities and organisations and taking account of current and planned protocols and processes within Brent and make recommendations to senior management to enhance the payroll service, which adhere to professional standards
- Ensure the payroll service adhere to Council policies that require implementation through the payroll system, for example, staff loans and overpayment recovery
- Develop creative and innovative solutions to payroll processing and notification in line with the council's paperless agenda and to enhance significantly the financial control environment within the payroll team.
- To communicate and promote to the wider council the policies and guidance needed to ensure managers and staff provide the timely and accurate information that the payroll service requires.
- Member of Institute of Payroll Professionals (IPP) and relevant qualification or able to demonstrate substantial experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with regulatory requirements and legislative changes ensuring that all payrolls are compliant with HMRC, pension etc. regulations
- Substantial experience of working in a payroll service for a large organisation
- Developing and enforcing payroll policies across the organisation, improving compliance and integration of systems and information
- A proven track record of providing clear balanced advice and guidance on payroll issues.
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.