£18 - £22.41 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
29 days ago
A 3-6 Month opportunity for a Payroll Manager has arisen within the local authorities in Newbury.
To effectively lead and manage the Payroll team, ensuring delivery of the relevant strategic and service objectives set out in the annual service plan and ensuring strong and effective resource management within the team.
To provide expert advice and support to Payroll colleagues, to other managers within the organisation, and to elected members.
To maintain Payroll income streams and seek ways to reduce costs/increase income in the HR and Payroll service as opportunities arise.
- At least 4 years' experience working in payroll, experience of handling the end-to-end payroll function
- Thorough knowledge of payroll regulations/legislation - Anticipating and managing the implications for the Council with regard to new regulations/legislation. This should include forward planning, implementation, communication and ongoing management of the task
- Returns, reconciliations and submissions Review and verify information retained by Payroll in respect of employment details; Tax, National Insurance, Pensions schemes etc
Resource Link experience
- Detailed knowledge of system processes
- Year end processes - updating the system with the correct information to ensure statutory calculations are correct and the system is HMRC compliant
- Test suitability of current Payroll system to ensure correct calculations of statutory deductions and payments.
- Upgrades - system administrator level - updating the system with the correct information to ensure statutory calculations are correct and the system is compliant with HMRC legislation.
- Expert knowledge in writing and producing reports relevant to Payroll and Pensions,
Knowledge and understanding
- Detailed understanding of the local government terms and conditions
- Expert knowledge of Local Government, Teachers Pensions, NHS and NEST pension scheme
- Familiar with local government policies and decision making processes
- Expert knowledge on Resource Link
Rate of pay
The rate for this role is negotiable depending on skills / experience.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.