£10.91 - £11.46 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Payroll Coordinator on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To deliver a high quality, customer focused payroll service to the business and to all employees.
To process all payroll activity in the most efficient, effective way ensuring that the highest levels of accuracy are maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver all day to day Payroll services (to include all employee life cycle administration processes through to the Payroll and Expenses pay cycles).
- Work closely with the HR Services team ensuring a seamless customer experience on pay related matters for all of our employees.
- Provide payroll support, ensuring payroll processes are completed to a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensure payroll knowledge is up to date and support the continuous review of payroll processes to ensure that an efficient payroll service is provided.
- Where required check and audit colleagues payroll and expenses calculations and administration ensuring accuracy as well as compliance with all relevant legislation and processes.
- Make any necessary payments, reports and returns to HMRC (including monthly and year-end returns), occupational pension schemes and other statutory bodies.
- Provide 3rd parties with appropriate information on pay and employee data as required.
- Support the continuous improvement of the Payroll service always looking for more effective and efficient ways or working.
- Ensure the Payroll system is updated, maintained and utilised effectively to its full capability, identifying any possible improvements to the system.
- To provide advice and support to managers and employees on Payroll issues and liaise with other internal departments where appropriate.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure that payroll data is audited and agreed and that the necessary payments are made.
- Support any process of review of the activities of the team in particular supporting internal and external auditors with annual audit reviews.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to businesses corporate objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and Data Protection and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Maintain full confidentiality about the work of the department and all matters relating to HR both verbal and written. Failure to adhere to this will be considered as serious offence and could result in disciplinary action
Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
- 3 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.