£13.00 - £15.91 per hour + PAYE/Umbrella
21 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Assistant to join our busy offices based in Guildford on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Payroll Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To assist with the Council's payroll function in the calculation and payment of salaries, wages and allowances to staff and Councillors.
- Input data into the payroll systems to calculate gross pay, statutory and voluntary deductions and net pay.
- To maintain, update, adapt and modify computerised systems to comply with changes to legislation, statutory changes, scheme changes and Council policies.
- Produce statutory monthly, quarterly and annual returns and other returns as required for internal and external bodies and customers to agreed deadlines in order to meet our financial obligations.
- Produce the annual P11D Expenses and Benefits return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). To provide advice to staff and Service Units. Maintain the leased car benefits records.
To be successful for this Payroll Assistant post you will need to have:
- Recent experience of working in a payroll department using payroll software to process a large staff number payroll.
- Knowledge of Tax, NI, SSP, SMP, pensions auto-enrolment and taxable benefits.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Excel and Word.
Hours of work are 8.30am till 5pm, 37 Hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.