£13 - £14 per hour
16 days ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Assistant to join our busy offices based in Guildford on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £13.00 p/h.
As the Payroll Assistant, your main duties will include:
- To assist with the Council's payroll function in the calculation and payment of salaries, wages and allowances to staff and Councillors.
- Input data into the payroll systems to calculate gross pay, statutory and voluntary deductions and net pay.
- To maintain, update, adapt and modify computerised systems to comply with changes to legislation, statutory changes, scheme changes and Council policies.
- Produce statutory monthly, quarterly and annual returns and other returns as required for internal and external bodies and customers to agreed deadlines in order to meet our financial obligations.
- Produce the annual P11D Expenses and Benefits return to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). To provide advice to staff and Service Units. Maintain the leased car benefits records.
- Deal with HMRC enquiries and any similar correspondence from other Agencies.
- Administer all aspects of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) ..
- Administer the Envoy expenses mileage payment system, the Council's sick absence scheme and the administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Administer the Child Care Voucher Scheme.
- Administer the Council's Car Loan and Bicycle Loan Scheme.
- Implement pay awards as required and implement the year-end/new year payroll process annually.
- Assist and support the Insurance Manager, providing cover in their absence in an insurance capacity.
To be successful for this Payroll Assistant post you will need to have:
- Recent experience of working in a payroll department using payroll software to process a large staff number payroll.
- Knowledge of Tax, NI, SSP, SMP, pensions auto-enrolment and taxable benefits.
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of Excel and Word.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.