£10 - £12.46 per hour
15 days ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a Payroll Assistant has arisen within the local authorities in Newbury.
To provide support to the payroll team in the production of payrolls.
- Using the on-line payroll system for amending and updating employee records
- Validation and processing of time sheets, overtime forms etc
- Maintenance of absence records
- Providing general clerical support to the payroll team
- Supporting the service in the administration processes required.
- Assisting Customers when required by the service.
- General office duties including, answering the phone, photocopying, and filing.
- Processing starters, leavers and changes
- Input of large volumes of data, including timesheets and expenses
- Maintaining sickness and unpaid leave records
- Processing HMRC forms
- Dealing with post and telephone enquiries
- Electronic filing
- Writing to employees
- Producing Payslips, P60s and P11ds
- A good level of education including A-C/9-5 GCSE including Maths and English
- Payroll experience
- Good spoken and written communication
- Understanding of local government or teachers terms and conditions
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good spoken and written communication skills
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, Monday to Friday
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.