£12.23 - £12.84 per hour
14 days ago
Our client is seeking a Payroll and Pensions Administrator on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide support in an effective and efficient Payroll & Pensions service, covering all aspects of the payroll & pensions operation to ensure staff are paid on time in accordance with their contract of employment and there is full compliance with statutory requirements and financial regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist in the day to day running of an effective and efficient Payroll service which includes salary, pension and expenses administration and operation - with due regard to employment legislation and Council policies and procedures.
2. Provide support to the Payroll Specialist on monthly reconciliation of all statutory and voluntary deductions.
3. Assist in the preparation of Annual Returns to the Inland Revenue and DSS, ensuring all deductions are correctly calculated and paid over to the appropriate organisation
4. Assist in the provision of an effective pension administration service for the schools, Councils, ensuring that all operations are carried out with Council's financial regulations, pension scheme rules and audit requirements.
5. To advise Managers and staff on a range of simple payroll and pensions issues.
6. Assist with the development, implementation and review of all Payroll & Pension handbooks, manuals, policies and procedures.
7. Provide support in ensuring that all data on manual and computerised payroll, pensions and HR records is accurate and up to date, and that confidentiality is fully respected
8. Participate in training and team development activities, to update knowledge and skills.
9. Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
10. Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well being of children and vulnerable adults.
11. Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Skills and Experience:
- Payroll and/or pensions experience gained in a complex organisation, (it is desirable but not essential that this should be in the education or public sector).
- Knowledge and experience of pensions and/or payroll systems or other similar database systems.
- Good understanding of data protection and security legislation Version.
- Ability to understand technical payroll and pensions queries.
- Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise and organise workloads.
- Produce, record, dispatch and file documentation (whether electronic or manual) accurately.
- Undertake simple calculations accurately and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, works effectively within a team.
- Enthusiastic and hard working with good attention to detail.
- Good customer service skills.
- A high level of personal integrity, who displays respect and empathy for others and is consistent, open and honest.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases