£9.68 - £10.16 per hour
3 months ago
Our client is seeking an Administrator on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
To undertake a comprehensive range of specialised administrative and technical activities relating to employees contractual terms and conditions and pay. To ensure that each stage of the payroll process is actioned within agreed timescales and according to defined procedures so staff are paid accurately and on time and the correct information and payments are made to HMRC, pension providers and other statutory bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time in line with agreed schedules and statutory requirements and that employees are correctly contracted within agreed policies and defined procedures.
- Update employment and salary information on employee records, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Conduct regular checks to ensure the integrity of the data held on update the information as necessary.
- Undertake research as directed on specific areas of work. Collating and presenting information in a logical and acceptable format for use by senior staff for operational and/or financial management and policy development purposes.
- Identify and where appropriate solve problems and make recommendations for action to more senior members of staff on the job holders specified area of work as to contribute to the achievement of the Employee Service Centres overall objectives.
- Deal with enquiries from employees, external customers and agencies, either in person, by telephone or in writing as required; using discretion and judgement in forming responses, ensuring that advice given is consistent and in accordance with agreed TSC policies and procedures and complies with statutory legislation.
- Ensure that systems connected with the work of the Transactional Service Centre are properly operated, problem areas identified and suggestions for improvement made to ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the development and introduction of best practice and new ways of working in administrative practices and procedures as they affect the conduct of business in this role to ensure positive, accurate and timely information delivered in the most effective manner.
- Contribute to the Service's development and usage of relevant databases, integrated systems data, by working in partnership with colleagues, to ensure the integrity and consistency of data and to facilitate accurate, prompt and easy extraction, manipulation and presentation of that data.
- Mentor more junior staff and Modern Apprentices in order to ensure that they are competent to undertake the required tasks commensurate with the principle responsibilities of their jobs and that the day to day work of the Employee Service Centre is progressed accordingly to agreed timescales and those problems are identified and solved and escalated when necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working in a payroll environment.
- Significant experience of using PC's as part of normal working duties.
- Record of achievement in meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate good customer care practice.
- Use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Experience in use and manipulation of server based IT systems.
- Ability to liaise with managers and staff and articulate yourself clearly.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Customer focussed.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases