£10.45 - £11.45 per hour
9 days ago
1 Month +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Payments Officer to join our busy offices based in Portsmouth on a temporary basis for 1 month with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £10.45 p/h.
As the Payments Officer, your main duties will include:
- Administering the City Council's corporate purchasing card scheme and assisting with the expansion of the scheme across the authority
- Providing a high level of customer service to external and internal clients by telephone, in writing and in-person
- Assisting the Oracle Support Team as and when required with system testing and system enhancements
- Providing support to the Income and Payments Department as and when required
To be successful for this Payments Officer post you will need to have:
- Have experience of working in a finance environment, knowledge of Oracle EBS system a plus.
- Have previously worked in a creditors/accounts payable section and be familiar with purchase orders and supplier invoicing processes
- Be confident with the use of IT and be keen to use the latest technology, as you will be using Oracle Accounts Payable on a daily basis as well as Microsoft Office applications and web-based systems
- Be able to plan and prioritise your work and concentrate on the most important matters, as you will need to respond to a variety of requests and at the same time maintain the required deadlines
- Have a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Have good verbal and written communication skills and good interpersonal skills in order to be able to communicate effectively with our internal departments and respond to supplier enquiries
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.