West End, London
£13.15 - £13.81 per hour
about 1 month ago
Our client is seeking a Payments Officer on an initial 2 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 36 Hours
Pay Rate: £13.15 P/H PAYE
To ensure that ASC provider payments are made in an efficient and timely manner in accordance with the Council's standing orders and financial regulations. To ensure payments made are accurate and in the event of any over payments being made these are recovered from suppliers. To ensure all supplier queries relating to payments made through Framework are dealt with promptly and in accordance with good customer care practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To run Framework pay cycles in accordance with annual payment schedules agreed with the Finance Manager, for designated are and to provide cover for payment officers.
- To reconcile each pay cycle with the previous period pay cycle and explain any variances. Any payments that should not be made should be "held" or "rejected"
- To add variations to pay cycles in respect of adjustments i.e. payments made for 5 days after death, to adjust for manual payments made outside of pay cycle etc.
- Send a Framework tasks to the Payments and/or Finance Manger requesting pay cycles be authorised and complete pay cycles when certified by the Manager,
- Ensure Framework remittance advice are sent to providers using agreed method (currently post)
- To ensure Framework interfaces successfully into Aggressor and resolve any issues that may cause an interface file to fail.
- To ensure any over payments made to providers are reclaimed in a timely manner and that records of over payments and reclaims are maintained. Credit control actions are taken if and when required.
- Ensure that overpayment reclaims are correctly accounted for both in Framework and the Agresso accounting system.
- To make manual/emergency payments through the Agresso accounting system for any payments required in between scheduled pay cycles.
- To ensure all supplier queries relating to payments made through Frameworki are dealt with promptly and in accordance with good customer care practices.
- To upload, reconcile and pay day care invoices through Framework, via the Agresso interface.
- To liaise with suppliers, the Framework team and BT Managed Services to ensure suppliers are set up on both Framework and Agresso
- To undertake any additional payment related duties, as directed by the Payments Manager.
Skills and Experience:
- We show initiative, drive and determination to get the job done; and constantly to improve what we do.
- We determine the right course of action through listening to the needs of our customers
- We are accountable for our actions and the decisions we make
- We help others to be productive, independent and make informed decisions
- We seek the best deal when looking for ways to improve value for money and reduce cost.
- We look for new ways to generate growth, income and maximise commercial potential
- We take managed and considered risks to enable us to achieve the best outcomes.
- We provide local leadership and work with partners jointly to develop and deliver services
- We listen to one another and respect one another's point of view
- We challenge one another respectfully and constructively, working together to resolve issues
- We treat everyone with courtesy, fairness and transparency
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases