City of London, London
£23.19 - £25 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
about 1 month ago
3 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Pay & Reward Officer to join our busy offices based in Southwark on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 36 hours per week, at £23.19 p/h.
As the Pay & Reward Officer, your main duties will include:
- To support the development of pay, reward, recognition, benefits strategies and policy development across the Council.
- To review all recruitment and retention incentives across the authority - ensuring that current and future arrangements are appropriately aligned & compliant to achieve R&R objectives.
- To work to review and ensure the Council's approach to engagement of all worker-types are both statutorily compliant and best-fit to achieve organisational aims.
- Supporting the Council's ongoing employee benefits review. Including leading on bespoke development of new staff benefits, and project management of procurement activities where required.
- Ensure statutory compliance on the council's pay related reporting & open data requirements.
- Working with Payroll, Pension, Finance & other HR colleagues to develop consistent and effective pay practice and policy positions across the Council.
- To provide high quality advice to HR & others across the Council on Pay & Reward topics such as - but not limited to - grading structures, market factors, recruitment and retention initiatives, incremental progression, performance related pay, non-financial recognition, benefits and premium payments.
- Analyse complex workforce Management Information to monitor and review the effectiveness of the Council's pay strategies, systems and policies. Coordinate and contribute to the development of joint action plans to address any emerging issues.
- Utilise excellent written skills to develop clear, concise and business focused policies, reports and standard operating procedures.
- Coordinate and deliver accurate advice to other Southwark HR Teams, on specialist areas such as Pay and Reward, Remuneration & Benefit Provision.
To be successful for this Pay & Reward Officer post you will need to have:
- Graduate membership of the CIPD or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience
- Evidence of continued professional development with a particular focus on pay & reward matters
- Demonstrate awareness of the financial implications of advice on HR matters
- Knowledge of local authority pay arrangements including pension provision
- Knowledge of relevant contemporary employment law & legislative developments affecting people management & pay
- Experience and knowledge of advising on pay and reward matters in complex unionised environment
- Implementing strategies and providing high-quality business-led advice across the HR function and understanding the need of the business
- Interrogating data to identify previously unknown pay & reward related issues, and recognising appropriate solutions
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.