£20.27 - £21.28 per annum
4 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Partnership And Engagement Officer to join our clients offices based in Brent on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Partnership And Engagement Officer, your main duties will include:
- To support and deal with the administrative arrangements of Partners for Brent, Brent Connects and Community Action Groups including reporting on project performance targets.
- Lead the Council's co-ordination of the Voluntary Sector Liaison Forum ensuring that it becomes independent and community led.
- Support the Head of Strategy and Partnerships to embed a consistent corporate approach to community engagement and partnership working.
- Develop a Brent Connect area forum as a key engagement mechanism for the Council, encouraging resident and community and voluntary sector attendance, and ensuring an interactive agenda which enables residents to contribute to Council policy and practice and improve their local areas.
- Distribute neighbourhood focused budgets in their cluster and ensure that the successes of funded initiatives are showcased to key stakeholders.
- Monitor the performance of all distributed funding i.e. neighbourhood budgets and grants/contracts.
To be successful for this Partnership And Engagement Officer post you will need to have:
- An honours degree or equivalent higher education qualification or relevant experience gained in a related environment.
- Good level of knowledge of current issues affecting local government.
- An awareness of local government decision-making, service planning, consultation and budget preparation.
- An understanding of the key principles to partnership working and community engagement.
Manage people, performance and budgets.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Communicating and influencing skills.
- Contribute to the longer term development of the service area.
- Ability to develop practical, creative and innovative solutions to deliver objectives.
- excellent influencing and advocacy skills.
- excellent communication skills with the ability to negotiate and work effectively with a range of audiences and stakeholders.
Ability to establish, monitor and control operational.
- To be responsible for organising, promoting and developing the participation and engagement of children and young people.
- To plan and facilitate consultation/participation events
- Operates within a framework set by corporate and departmental management teams, but with freedom to influence the shape of services.
- Policy and service development involvement.
- Wide range of internal and external contacts and partnership working.
- Management / leadership of a high performance team.
- You will also need 2 written references for this role.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.