£14.46 - £15.18 per hour
6 months ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Parks And Open Spaces Officer to join our clients offices based in Cullompton on a temporary contract basis for 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
As the Parks And Open Spaces Officer, your main duties will include:
- To act as the Council Client Officer and lead point of contact, including the Housing Revenue Account, bringing forward the design and implementation of residential, recreational, leisure and cemetery area schemes.
- Undertake complaint / dispute resolution and assurance of contractor activity across the remit of the post.
- To lead on special projects, Strategy and Policy development for Public Open Space
- Implement through consultation a rolling 10 year capital programme and grounds maintenance works programme for all parks and open spaces. This will apply the Council agreed design principles.
- Maintain the Council General Fund and Housing Revenue Account Bill of Quantities and ensure the GIS system is updated with accurate information for all parks and open spaces. Act as the client manager for both bodies to ensure correct charging and value for money. Ensure that all systems holding information are kept up to date and are managed accordingly.
- Manage all recharges for work undertaken by the in-house operations team on behalf of the HRA, DCC and Parish or Town councils.
- Lead on any legislative changes that may impact on parks and open spaces.
To be successful for this Parks And Open Spaces Officer post you will need to have:
- Experience in managing parks and open spaces
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Experience of working in a Customer service based environment. Dealing with customers face to face, over the phone and email in a confident manner.Knowledge and understanding of the importance of parks and open spaces in an urban setting
- An operational knowledge of Health and Safety
- Ability to construct clear and precise reports and documents
- IT literate with the ability of using all Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Able to effectively plan and organise a wide and challenging workload.
- Communication skills to be able to deal with various situations involving staff, members and other stakeholders
- Ability to Influence and persuade others at all levels in the organisation
37 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.