Ystrad Mynach, Caerphilly
£16.26 - £17.07 per annum
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a Parking Services Officer on an initial 1 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide and maintain an effective, efficient, responsive and high quality on and off street parking service for the Council and contribute towards the provision of environmental enforcement to enhance local public amenity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the income and maintenance budgets from the Council's off-street parking facilities.
- Manage the cash collection service for the pay and display machines.
- Prepare tender documents for the pay and display machine maintenance and cash collection contracts.
- Support, and when / where necessary, deputise for the Principal Engineer in providing an active and positive contribution to the overall management of Parking Services.
- Advise and assist the Principal Engineer with the on-going development and expansion of the Civil Parking Enforcement service.
- Make decisions on Penalty Charge Notices and recommend when legal action should be taken against offenders as and when appropriate.
- Prepare written correspondence to respond to Penalty Charge Notice appeals as necessary.
- Represent the Council at Traffic Penalty Tribunal hearings as and when required.
- Oversee the issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices for littering and dog fouling offences as and when applicable.
- Prepare regular information and reports for Councillors and senior managers on all aspects of parking services.
- Assist with the production of monthly, quarterly, half year and annual management reports based on KPIs identifying parking trends, including on-street and off-street facilities, seasonal variations and enforcement activity.
- Help identify, investigate and report on areas of below target performance and undertake corrective actions.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in preparing and drafting annual Civil Parking Enforcement reports for Elected Members and regular highlight reports for Senior Managers on all aspects of the Parking Service.
- Assist the Principal Engineer to develop and manage a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) which will provide management information to ensure the Parking Services team are effective in achieving the overarching aims.
- Assist the Principal Engineer in ensuring that the statutory requirements for all areas of responsibility are met and that changes in legislation, regulations and guidance are responded to. For example any changes made to the Traffic Management Act 2004 with respect to Civil Parking Enforcement.
- Skills and Experience:
- Assist the Principal Engineer in undertaking regular reviews of the on and off-street car parking and Civil Parking Enforcement processes and practices; recommending and implementing improvements and changes in working practices to improve performance.
- Asset management, maintaining lines and signs, undertaking repairs and renewals.
- Provide support, guidance and advice to partner organisations involved in the delivery of the service, with specific relation to Civil Parking Enforcement activities.
- Assist the Principal Engineer with ensuring that the training and development needs of all staff are identified and addressed through the use of appraisals and personal development plans, and contribute generally to the development of an overall learning culture in the Service.
- Assist with managing third party insurance claims.
- Assist with managing and ensuring that Civil Parking Enforcement / parking related Traffic Orders are progressed and made in liaison with the Traffic Management and Legal Terms.
- Appropriately deal with and respond to enquiries from members of the public, Councillors and external bodies.
- Investigate complaints concerning the service and take action as necessary.
- Represent the Parking Services team at Town Centre Management group meetings and other internal /external meetings as appropriate.
- Carry out health and safety responsibilities in accordance with the Division's Health and Safety statement.
Skills and Experience:
- Sound understanding of on-street and off-street parking regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work effectively as part of a team and give guidance to others within the team on financial and technical matters including some of a non-routine nature.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to delivering a high quality of performance management and customer care within a cost effective and efficient environment.
- Able to make technical and financial decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with and relate well to others within the workplace and with relevant staff in other parts of the Council and external organisations.
- Must have ability to work under own initiative and be motivated to achieve measurable personal and organisational success.
- Ability to prioritise workload that will ensure that many challenging objectives are completed in a timely manner.
- Experience in staff management and development and customer relations.
- Experience dealing with members of the public.
For this role you will need the following:
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- A suitable NI Number.
- Minimum level 4 relevant qualification.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.