£21.5 - £25 per hour + Paye / Umbrella
about 1 month ago
6 Months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Parking Services Manager to join our busy offices based in Badminton on a temporary basis for 6 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £21.50 p/h.
As the Parking Services Manager, your main duties will include:
- Lead, motivate and develop the management team for the service so that team members are capable, skilled and knowledgeable, and a positive culture is fostered.
- Lead services and development services to ensure effective service delivery and the meeting of performance objectives
- Lead strategic planning for technical, enforcement and regulation services and service areas.
- Formulate, propose and gain approval for longer-term and annual business plans and budgets within service areas and overall ensure accurate and effective budgeting.
- Propose and develop policies, regulations, codes of practice, processes and procedures for services; monitor and control their implementation; Determine and enforce compliance.
- Provide expert professional advice on major issues on behalf of the Council in all areas of control and expertise.
- Prepare and present reports for the Council, external contacts and partners on the interpretation of major issues impacting on technical, enforcement and regulation services.
To be successful for this Parking Services Manager post you will need to have:
- You will hold an appropriate professional qualification and postgraduate management qualification or equivalent, or equivalent relevant experience.
- You will have experience at a senior level of leading and managing the delivery of a complex service.
- You will demonstrate and maintain a thorough technical knowledge of service and professional issues, and an understanding of the wider impact of the role in relation to other services.
- You will have excellent leadership skills, to inspire, motivate and develop team members to high levels of performance.
- You will demonstrate an extensive working knowledge of local government and the relevant service area or department.
- You will communicate, negotiate with and influence colleagues and partners.
- Good verbal and written communication skills including report writing and explanation of technical information to non-technical audiences.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of software packages and systems applicable to your service area.
- You will be able to plan and manage service and departmental budgets.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.