£12.71 - £13.34 per hour
22 days ago
Our client is seeking a Parking Customer Services Officer on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
36 hours per week
Monday - Saturday
To provide an efficient and effective service to the residents of the Royal Borough and other customers ensuring the best customer care practices are adopted. Dealing specifically with customer enquiries in the Customer Services Centre and in the Call Centre on a wide range of parking issues including suspensions and parking enforcement. The post holder will also be responsible for the suspending and lifting of suspensions on public pay and display bays and residents' parking spaces. This includes applications for skip licences, temporary structures and plant and material licences.
Working within the Road Traffic Act Legislation, Traffic Management Orders and the Council's policies and procedures, the post holder will respond to customer enquiries in a professional and equitable manner contributing towards the Department's overall parking policy aims.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Respond positively to enquiries and complaints made by customers in the Customer Services Centre ensuring that the best customer care practices are adopted at all times. Dealing with difficult customers in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Undertake telephone duties in the Call Centre giving accurate advice to customers on a wide range of parking issues, ensuring that all calls are responded to politely by giving the appropriate greeting including the post holder's name.
- To ensure that the best use is made of manual and computer systems in place within the Department and Section. Identify and suggest enhancements to existing systems as means of improving efficiency.
- Working within the Council's financial regulations and audit requirements, take cash, credit card and cheque payments for dispensations, skip licences, temporary structure licences, plant and material licences and suspensions. This includes taking credit card payments by telephone.
- Process applications from statutory bodies, private companies and the general public for parking suspensions, skip licences, temporary structures, plant and material licences.
- Consider applications for refunds ensuring that financial procedures are adhered to ensuring that all systems are updated accordingly.
- Working within the Council's financial regulations and audit requirements, process credit and debit card payments in respect of suspensions, skip licences etc by fax and post.
- Ensure that information on suspension requirements is given to the on-street Suspension Officers accurately and timely.
- Assist with the supervision and training of new and inexperienced staff, providing support and sharing knowledge when required.
- Keep abreast of changes and developments in parking related issues. Participate in local software development and assist with the training of less experienced staff in use of computer software applications.
- The post holder is required to participate in a section rota undertaking the whole cross-section of duties covering the Customer Services Centre, Call Centre and Suspensions. The content of the job description may be amended to reflect changes to service delivery, legislation and policy
Skills and Experience-
- Working in an Enforcement environment
- Demonstrable use of IT on a daily basis
- Working with the minimum of supervision and as part of a team
- Working in a pressurised front line Customer Services environment
- Cash and credit/debit card transactions
- Ability to work in a pressurised environment and achieve deadlines
- Ability to maintain high levels of motivation and attention to details
- Ability to embrace new challenges and adapt to change
- Ability to deal with difficult and often angry or abusive members of the public over the telephone and in person, in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical fashion
- Ability to work flexibly
- Commitment to completion of tasks and see work through to a logical conclusion
- Ability to resolve problems and be proactive
- Achieve prescribed targets within set time scales
- Review procedures to ensure continuous improvement
- Commitment to understanding and implementation of Best Value
- Conveys oral and written information in a clear and unambiguous way
- Actively listens to others
- Presents information in a clear and structured way
- Creates and maintains a dynamic rapport with colleagues and contractors
- Task orientated
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Enjoys working with the public
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.