£11.19 - £11.75 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Park Ranger on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 12:00 - 19:00. At a pay rate of £11.19 Per Hour PAYE
To provide a friendly face patrolling a local town park engaging with members of the public and ensuring user safety, by-laws are adhered to and to be the first point of contact with park users. Reporting of damage and graffiti, running of musical events, promoting park use and working effectively with the local community and outside agencies to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Park Ranger for Caldecott Park will be responsible for ensuring a high quality of provision within our recently Heritage Lottery Funded restored town centre park
- They will be the first point of contact for the general public with all matters relating to the site
- Ensure the proper use and security of the facilities
- They will liaise with the community, schools, voluntary organisations and other Council departments to ensure the continued appropriate use of the park and future development
- Manage the Casual Park Rangers across a number of different locations.
- Manage, and /or facilitate and/ or oversee special events on green spaces in Rugby as required
- Organise and manage regular volunteering opportunities throughout the park.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication skills required due to the high level of interaction with the general public
- Experience of dealing with anti-social behaviour
- Experienced in dealing with looking after issues concerning park users
- Must have experience fo and skills needed for dealing with negotiation and decision-making. Must have a high level of tact and diplomacy skills
- Use of computer systems.
- Knowledge of horticultural and or environmental practices and procedures
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.