£12.60 - £13.23 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a PA To The Leader Of The Council on the initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
35 hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide an efficient and confidential personal assistant service to the leader of the Council and Cabinet Members
Duties and Responsibilities-
- Arrange and organise the Leader's appointments and diary system, including scheduling and the tracking of actions. To use an effective bring forward system.
- To ensure the Leader is equipped with necessary papers and briefing material for all meetings.
- Project Management To have an understanding of the Borough Council's Project Management Framework. Prepare the Leader and Cabinet with feedback on deadline and milestone progress
- Research and Analysis. To conduct research for briefings as and when required and to undertake routine research and analysis (including by means of the internet) on behalf of the Leader and
- IT/word processing. To have an excellent proven knowledge of the full range of MS Office packages including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure. To use own initiative when working to tight deadlines and have the ability to re-prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
- Budget and Expenditure Monitoring. To prepare the Leader and Cabinet travel claims including collation of receipts and to track payments are received in a timely
- Arrange and service meetings, including venue booking, agenda preparation, collation and preparation of supporting papers and the co-ordination of follow up action.
- To make all travel arrangements as and when required in relation to the Leader's attendance at conferences and other meetings off site.
Skills and Experience-
- To have an understanding of the role of the Leader and Cabinet within the Council.
- To have a detailed knowledge of the Council's Key Priorities .
- A working knowledge of new and existing Government initiatives, Council Policies, Legislation and Frameworks
- The ability to create and maintain effective filing and retrieval systems for the Leader and Cabinet.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the level and general nature of the post
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.