Up to £29577 per annum
about 1 month ago
A 3 Month+ opportunity for a PA has arisen within the local authorities in Bristol.
Due to continued growth across the organisation we have an immediate need for a PA to work across 'floating' all Directorates and support the wider function.
They will be supporting the Directors and Senior Heads of Service where appropriate.
Ideal candidates will have a background working to more than one individual, group PA etc.. and have strong team working capabilities. Use of PowerPoint and other office requirements.
Purpose of the Job
To provide direct, confidential PA support to the Director of Investment & Corporate Services and Director of Legal.
You will support the Director of Investment & Corporate Services and Director of Legal with a variety of tasks - from diary and inbox management to supporting key directorate meetings with agendas and minute taking. A key part of the role will be intelligently supporting the Directors. You will be the first point of contact for citizens, visitors and regional partners for the directorates; both in the office and by phone/ email.
You will prepare materials for the Directors, working closely with their management teams and staff to ensure that the Directors are fully prepared for all meetings and engagements. You will handle telephone calls on behalf of the Directors with discretion and tact and will work with members of the Business Support team to ensure a high quality administrative service is provided.
- Coordinate large-scale meetings and VIP visits, including venue management, guest lists, liaising closely with communications colleagues to ensure appropriate media coverage
- Be the first point of contact for citizens, visitors and regional partners, especially those who work closely with directorate teams (both in the office and by email/phone)
- Ensure that all communications are appropriately dealt with, where appropriate replying on behalf of the Director. Exercise judgement, initiative and discretion in sorting urgent and non-urgent communications/ correspondence, telephone calls and when dealing with items of a personal or confidential nature
- Provide full administrative support to the Director of Investment and Corporate Services and Director of Legal, including:
- Making sure the Directors are fully prepared for all upcoming meetings and events
- Managing the Directors' diary, liaising with offices of senior business leaders, local authority partners and government officials
- Managing correspondence, liaising with officers to ensure responses are sent within required timeframes. Keeping a record of enquiries where appropriate
- Producing agendas and minutes for directorate meetings
- Making travel arrangements
- Booking meetings and making appropriate arrangements (room layout, refreshments)
- Business administration qualification to NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification and /or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and understanding gained through experience
- A clear understanding of the requirements of a role that directly supports senior management
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and/or experience of equalities and diversity issues
- Excellent keyboard and IT skills, with advanced skills and working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Have a willingness to learn new applications and technology as appropriate
- Experience of providing administrative support within a busy organisation where accuracy and pace are vital
- Proven ability to prioritise in a dynamic office environment, managing a complex workload
- Experience of dealing with multiple senior stakeholders
- Experience of organising and supporting meetings or events
Monday - Friday
09:00 - 17:00
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.