£16.60 - £17.43 per annum
3 months ago
Our client is seeking a Operational Team Leader on an initial 6 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The Operational Team Leader manages his/her direct reports to ensure the reliable delivery of the cleaning operations in accordance with service level agreements, maximising efficiency of service delivery within the resources available.
Overall, the Operational Team Leader will oversee and ensure the delivery of efficient quality services, within financial parameters, that meet customer needs within this specialist area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the management of, or supervise a defined team(s) ensuring team members receive clear organisational direction and development including technical advice and guidance.
- Deliver, manage and oversee programmes of work and/or contribute to the delivery of larger more complex projects.
- Give specialist advice and guidance and help to develop service delivery and strategy in order to improve service delivery so that objectives and targets are met and specialist information is provided.
- Monitor and report on facilities and service standards including oversight of contracts within your own service area in order to improve processes. This will ensure that service quality is maximised, operations are run effectively and cost-efficiently and targets are achieved.
- Maintain a highly competent, participate work environment and contribute to the development of high performance teams.
- Contribute to the continuous appraisal of service efficiency levels and quality standards ensuring that a strong service delivery is maintained which encompasses a positive customer focus.
- Work in partnership with colleagues and external contacts so that projects are progressed and delivered successfully and best practice is identified and shared.
- Ensure communication with members of the public and others is effective and the basis of service delivery is explained. You are responsible for maintaining strong service delivery with a positive customer focus.
- Ensure safe systems of working are followed so that the safety of staff and customers is constantly monitored, relevant data is recorded, risk assessments are undertaken and behaviour meets required standards.
- Ensure that legislation, regulations and standards relevant to the area of work are adhered to.
- Monitor, influence, report on and, if relevant, manage allocated budgets within financial regulations so that maximum value is delivered. Input into the resource planning process.
Skills and Experience:
Considerable relevant experience at a supervisory level is essential, as is a proven ability to supervise and manage successfully all resources whilst delivering exceptional customer service within a large scale operation.
A proven ability to work well under pressure and to manage change in a competitive environment
Good communication skills and a high level of numeracy and literacy skills, along with the ability to present clear instructions.
Experience of managing budgets, being commercially aware as well as experience in tenders / bids for new business
A sound knowledge and practical application of all workplace Health & Safety issues.
Exemplifying the Council's values and behaviours.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written Referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.