£16.50 - £17.32 per hour
5 months ago
Our client is seeking a One Stop Shop Customer Care Officer on the initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 hours per week.
Monday - Friday
The One Shop Shop is the first point of contact for customers wishing to deal with Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction, Council Tax Billing and Housing enquiries. Our team resolve complex and challenging enquiries at the first point of contact, providing an excellent customer service to a wide variety of customers, many of whom are vulnerable.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- You will resolve customer enquiries in a busy face to face environment, update computer records as appropriate and provide advice on all aspects of Council Tax billing, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction and Housing enquiries.
- You will receive information and provide advice, help and support in response to complex or challenging customer enquiries.
- You will signpost customers to help them access support services provided by the Council and partner organisations.
- You will accurately process information from a variety of sources in order to contribute to the delivery of the overall service.
- You will check and assess the quality of information received and clarify points to ensure that it is suitable to be processed. Explain to customers any inadequacies in the information received and the resolution which is required.
- You will efficiently resolve high volumes of complex enquiries at the first point of contact, whilst managing customer expectations.
These enquiries include, but are not limited to:
- Council Tax
- House moves and periods of liability
- Determining discounts and exemptions
- Calculations of refunds
- Handling enquiries regarding the Council Tax Recovery process, including making payment arrangements when customers have received a reminder or summons
- Problem solving, and explaining complicated bills
- Benefit determination and assessment, including manual calculations for benefit entitlement
- Check and verify customers personal and financial details in order to establish that the information provided is accurate
- Sign posting customers on welfare benefits
- Explaining calculations, payments and overpayments of benefit.
- Social housing and helping customers bid for properties
- Application process for extra care housing
- Providing help and advice for the homeless
- Private section housing advice
- You will deal with people at all levels confidently, sensitively and diplomatically responding to queries and problems, discussing their circumstances and possible solutions.
- You will liaise with colleagues, customers and external organisations to receive information and to promote the service.
Skills and Experience-
- A minimum of 3 'O' Levels/GCSE's at Level C or above including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Significant experience in a Front Line Service delivery environment dealing with Revenues and Benefits enquiries.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in handling confidential Information.
- The ability to understand, explain and implement legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of working in customer care environment
Full driving license needed
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.