West End, London
£17.72 - £18.61 per hour
12 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Noise And Nuisance Officer to join our clients offices based in West End on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Noise And Nuisance Officer, your main duties will include:
- To respond to service requests relating primarily to noise and nuisance, but on occasions to pollution, pests, housing defects, health and safety matters, food hygiene, outbreaks of food poisoning, cases of infectious disease, hazardous waste and licensing matters.
- To serve and enforce notices under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974 and other public health legislation to abate noise and nuisance.
- To follow up and make re-visits where informal or formal action has been taken, checking works in progress, ensuring that the necessary works, etc. have been properly executed in accordance with good practice. To identify those cases where notices have not been complied with.
- To attend court to act as a witness in litigation between the Council and others as and when required.
- To advise and comment on Planning and Licence applications.
- To give advice to the general public and commercial undertakings on Environmental Health matters relating to premises in the Borough
To be successful for the Noise And Nuisance Officer post you will need to have:
- A recognised Degree or Diploma in Environmental Health, or;
- A lesser qualification in Environmental Health (i.e. HND, BTEC, etc), or;
- A specific noise qualification (MSc/ Diploma in Acoustics and Noise Control), or;
- An understanding of environmental legislation and its enforcement.
- Essential to have working knowledge of relevant legislation and powers (i.e. Environmental Protection Act 1990, Control of Pollution Act 1974, Noise and Statutory Nuisance Act 1993).
- Desirable to have experience of investigating noise complaints and taking appropriate follow up action, preferably on a shift work basis.
- Desirable to have experience of using relevant legislation and powers, i.e. service of statutory notices, court proceedings, etc.
- Capable of using noise monitoring equipment (e.g. Sound Level Meters, DAT recorders, etc) and sound insulation testing equipment
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.