£20 - £24.90 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
21 days ago
A 12 Month+ opportunity has arisen for a Network Permit Officer within the local authorities in Bournemouth.
BCP Council is in its first year of being a Permitting Authority & monthly has between 1500 & 2000 Permits to process & authorise. This role will involve planning, co-ordinating, monitoring and inspecting the Street Works activity of public utility companies, the Council and other contractors, in order to ensure that all road works are carried out within the boundaries of a strict legal framework. To work as part of the Street Works Team, whose function it is to ensure that all Street Works related activities are planned, inspected, processed and carried out in accordance with regulations. Ideally candidate living in the BCP area.
- Set realistic licensing conditions for street works activity that seek to minimise disruption to the travelling public (including all classes of road user).
- Identify departures from the agree conditions, challenge practices and raise appropriate penalties and/or additional permitting or other charges.
- Analyse and interpret complex information in order to prepare reports, plans and a range of written material in order to deliver priorities and ensure activities within the service are conducted professionally.
- Share open and honest feedback in a constructive manner.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of customers and create effective working relationships.
- Co-ordinate processes and systems in relation to work flow management present information and recommendations in a focussed and engaging way.
- Responsible for regularly handling, processing and storing confidential information relating to the service.
Specific Qualifications and Experience
- Must have experience in Street Works & Permitting
- Demonstrate evidence of delivering an effective, efficient professional service to a range of customers.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of working a highway, transport or planning discipline.
Rate of pay
Ideally candidate would live in BCP Council area and already have Permitting/Street Works experience. Working mainly from home but would require some office working if and when able.
Hours of work are 09:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.