£17.27 - £21.50 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
about 2 months ago
An initial 6 month opportunity has arisen for a Neighbourhood Patrol Officer within the local authorities in Brent. This role is likely to be extended to a full year after a review, with the view to a permeant role after the 12month period.
- To undertake a wide range of front line enforcement patrol duties in relation to Community Protection, Anti-Social Behaviour, Licensing (Premises, Alcohol and Highways), Environmental Crime including Noise Abatement, Environmental Enforcement (Illegal Rubbish Dumping, Graffiti, Flyposting, Pollution, Littering, etc.) as well as other wider enforcement duties as required - including enforcement of any Dog Control Orders or Public Space Protection Orders in effect.
- To support local policing resources and other partner agencies by providing an element of public protection as well as protection of space and place by being both customer focused and interventionist in approach - by challenging or disrupting unwanted behaviour within the borough, causing the cessation of undesirable activities or moving persons on. This will also include seizure and destruction of alcohol or other substances and/or switching off or confiscation of audio systems.
- To provide a highly visible uniformed presence across the borough and also be deployed in a targeted manner in order to understand and address localised problems in identified problem areas or 'hotspots'.
- To drive down the amount of litter and dumped waste on Brent's streets and private land by carrying out waste enforcement activities using the relevant provisions of all appropriate and available legislation
- To be directed by a work programme on all on relevant enforcement activity, providing advice and assistance to members of the public regarding their obligations under relevant legislation, and taking enforcement action in accordance with council policies and procedure for breaches of legislation - including but not limited to the disruption of anti-social behaviour, confiscation of alcohol or other substances, turning down / switching off/ confiscation of audio systems, issuing of formal notices, fixed penalties, cautions and conducting any other prosecution actions as relevant
- To provide a visible and reassuring uniformed officer presence, patrolling public spaces and taking enforcement action as appropriate to address antisocial behaviour issues and environmental crime as required. This will include;
- Undertaking targeted patrols in all open areas including streets, parks, recreation areas, cemeteries and areas covered by Dog Control Orders and/or Public Space Protection Orders;
- Contributing to ad hoc Police and Community Safety events and initiatives as required.
- Contributing to ad hoc highways, licencing, noise and other enforcement actives as directed from time to time.
- Conducting targeted enforcement activities in known hotspots as directed
- To make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council
- To maintain records in an effective and professional manner so as to comply with the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, adequately supporting successful legal proceedings; allowing completion of statistical returns, etc
- Knowledge of relevant legislative controls and enforcement tools and their legal basis; together with their proper practical implementation
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes, including court procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation - including an understanding of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, and how to apply legislation in line with the Enforcement Concordat.
- Knowledge of customer care principles
- Knowledge of the principles of risk assessment and control, and its proper practical implementation
Rate of pay
Hours of work are 08:00am till 5pm, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.