Up to £17.74 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking a Neighbourhood Patrol Officer on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 09:00 - 17:00. At a pay rate of £17.74 p/h PAYE.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake a wide range of front line enforcement patrol duties in relation to Community Protection, Anti-Social Behaviour, Licensing (Premises, Alcohol and Highways), Environmental Crime including Noise Abatement, Environmental Enforcement (Illegal Rubbish Dumping, Graffiti, Flyposting, Pollution, Littering, etc.) as well as other wider enforcement duties as required - including enforcement of any Dog Control Orders or Public Space Protection Orders in effect.
- To support local policing resources and other partner agencies by providing an element of public protection as well as protection of space and place by being both customer focused and interventionist in approach - by challenging or disrupting unwanted behaviour within the borough, causing the cessation of undesirable activities or moving persons on. This will also include seizure and destruction of alcohol or other substances and/or switching off or confiscation of audio systems.
- To provide a highly visible uniformed presence across the borough and also be deployed in a targeted manner in order to understand and address localised problems in identified problem areas or 'hotspots'
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of relevant legislative controls and enforcement tools and their legal basis
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory processes; including court procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation in line with the enforcement concordat.
- Knowledge of customer care principles
- NVQ in Customer Services or equivalent
- Experience in an enforcement role
- Experience of detection and reporting of offences
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases