£25 - £26 per hour
27 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Neighbourhood Officer to join our client's offices based in Barnstaple on a temporary contract basis for months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Neighbourhood Officer, your main duties will include:
- To investigate and undertake associated enforcement duties for a range of environmental crime (including flytipping, littering, abandoned vehicles, nuisance vehicles, dog fouling) - as well as undertake the Council's "Dog Warden" duties surrounding collecting and re-homing stray dogs.
- There may also be an opportunity to assist in other areas of work associated with the Environmental Protection team, dependent on the specific competencies of the appointed officer, and the team's wider workload priorities at the time.
To be successful for this Neighbourhood Officer post you will need to have:
- To be able to demonstrate significant experience and competence in all of these areas of the work as they will be required "to hit the ground running" - and work with a high degree of autonomy.
- You will need to be able to work flexibly, safely on their own, portray a positive image of the Council at all times
- Hold a full clean driving licence,
- Ideally, have experience of working with Northgate M3.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday - Friday.
Pay Rate: £25.00 p/h PAYE
Potential candidates will need to available for the duration of the 4-month contract, and for an interview on Friday 27th September.
The intended commencement date for the contract is Monday 7th October"
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.