South West London, London
£19.17 - £20.13 per hour
17 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for a Neighbourhood Officer to join our clients offices based in South West London on a temporary contract basis for 4 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Neighbourhood Officer, your main duties will include:
- Through close and regular contact with tenants, identify and assist vulnerable tenants, referring them on to relevant agencies and monitoring these services to enable the tenant to sustain their tenancy.
- Oversea the housing management responsibilities of the void process, minimizing the time a property is void whilst ensuring a customer focused letting service.
- Complete new tenancy sign-ups in accordance with set policies and procedures and maximise sustainment of tenancies within the introductory period
- Manage applications for mutual exchanges, tenancy changes and Right to Buy within statutory timescales and present recommendations to the Head of Neighbourhood Management for authorisation.
- Work closely with Rent Income teams to ensure effective management of arrears cases and joint-working to address any tenancy related issues.
- Respond promptly and sensitively to all reports of nuisance, harassment, domestic abuse and anti-social behaviour in line with the Council's procedures and current best practice, including practical assistance and support for victims.
To be successful for this Neighbourhood Officer post you will need to have:
- Relevant experience in a customer service environment.
- Excellent understanding of social housing & neighbourhood management issues.
- Understanding of best practice in & management of nuisance, harassment & anti-social behaviour.
- Understanding of landlord and tenant relationships and responsibilities.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to write accurate & clear correspondence & reports.
- Numerical and Analytical skills.
- Able to form and maintain good working relationships at all levels internally & externally
- Effective negotiating skills
- IT skills in relation to databases, spreadsheets and word processing systems
- A good standard of education (minimum A Level or equivalent qualification) with effective written skills and strong communicator across all channels
Enhanced DBS Required
36 hours per week
Monday - Friday
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.