£13.20 - £13.86 per hour
23 days ago
Our client is seeking a Neighbourhood Management Officer on an initial 7 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours peer week
Monday - Friday
To provide a fully comprehensive Housing Management service from commencement of Tenancy through to termination.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure the advertisement and allocation of empty dwellings are undertaken within the prescribed timescales ensuring visits such as pre- tenancies/ termination and void management are instigated and completed.
- To be aware and make the best use of tools, mechanisms, authority and processes to most effectively and efficiently address and resolve issues identified in all breaches of the tenancy conditions.
- To effectively maintain the conditions of the external environment of the managed area, managing service contracts and encouraging tenant involvement within in the managed patch, being innovative and creative in sustaining this interaction.
- To monitor, identify and action any cases of tenancy fraud and safeguarding by establishing effective partnerships and following recommended policies and guidelines.
- To make sure effective liaison with internal services and external agencies to ensure appropriate care and support packages are being delivered to vulnerable tenants.
- To support and achieve the service and performance and service targets set within the housing management service.
- To effectively manage and administrate the requests for transfers and Mutual Exchanges, Homeswapper and tenancy inspections.
- To be aware of the need and to initiate, direct and lead on estate plans and profiling information, which contribute to the priorities for improvement in services, estates and communities by the housing service.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of tenancy management and enforcement.
- A sound knowledge of landlord and tenant legislation, Awareness and knowledge of the Housing Act 1985, Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, The Localism Act 2011, Crime and Disorder Act 2014, Environmental Health Act 1990.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with people in challenging situations.
- Work subject to deadlines involving problem solving, changing circumstances or demand.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases