£9.36 - £9.83 per hour
about 1 year ago
Our client is seeking a Minibus Driver on an initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
40 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, to transport students to and from school each day and from other centres where necessary and to undertake daily organised activities which supports the work of the ITU.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To collect and return council vehicles from multi point locations.
- To have responsibility for the vehicle, according to relevant legislation, including, but not limited to, DVSA, Road transport Law, Drivers Hours legislation, and Health & Safety legislation.
- To carry out daily vehicle safety checks and routines, reporting back as required and to complete vehicle driver reports as necessary, in accordance with North Somerset Operational policies.
- To help monitor and enforce standards of the wider council fleet as directed by the ITU management.
- To maintain a clean current driving licence and submit this routinely to the managers within the ITU for review when requested.
- To accurately record and secure documentation in relation to working hours, driving duties and other work in accordance with DVSA requirements.
- To load, unload, secure and deliver all persons and property carried in a manner that complies with Road Transport Law and the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- To operate the minibus (or allocated vehicle) as directed by the ITU, that meets the needs of the service, within the standards expected of the Council.
- To communicate with the ITU and school staff matters relating to absence or behaviour of passengers
- To be aware of and understand the council's Equality Scheme and ensure at all times that the duties of the post are carried out in accordance with the policy
- To maintain a flexible approach to duties (including with notice weekends, evening and bank holidays) undertaking such other duties as are required and as are commensurate with the grade of the post.
Skills and Experience:
- Vehicle safety checks
- UK speed limits
- Operation of minibus size vehicles-
- Good communication skills.
- An empathy with troubled students and their families
- Flexibility to working duties
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases