£15.81 - £23.79 per hour + PAYE
8 months ago
5 Months +
Grade 10 Media and Communications Officer.
I am currently recruiting for an extremely exciting role based within the councils public sector.
My ideal Officer will have experience within this field and be able to competently carry out the following tasks:
- Monitor and evaluate media coverage.
- Arrange and manage appropriate responses to media inquiries.
- Manage, develop and maintain excellent relationships with the media.
- Manage the relationship between a nominated directorate and the communications team producing an annual media plan as part of the corporate communications forward planning process.
- Research co-ordinate, write and issue news in web-style for the council's website and the media and upload associated news and pictures.
- Develop proactive communication to ensure that employees, members of the council, the public, partners and stakeholders understand the council's objectives, priorities and policies.
You must have the following:
Education to degree level or equivalent in another qualification or at least two years relevant professional experience.
At least two years' experience of working with/within the media.
Project management skills and the ability to take the lead on the management of key issues internally and externally.
Political management skills, including the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with elected members and our partners, interpreting the political climate to achieve change.
If you have any further questions please feel free to drop me an email or call.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.