City of London, London
£17.95 - £18.85 per hour
about 1 month ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an Mechanical Engineer to join our offices based in City of London on a temporary contract basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension.
As the Mechanical Engineer, your main duties include:
- Undertake inspections of mechanical engineering projects to specification, quality control and compliance with mandatory requirements.
- Provide mechanical consultancy advice.
- Prepare design specifications and options appraisals.
- Negotiate contracts for mechanical engineering projects
- Oversee the preparation of specifications and prepare work schemes. Undertake project co-ordination and monitor progress.
To be successful for this Mechanical Engineer post you will need to have:
- HNC in Building Services Engineering or equivalent or be working toward this qualification or have extensive appropriate experience.
- Sound background in contract administration of major mechanical engineering replacement and refurbishment schemes.
- Completed Asbestos Awareness and Working at Height training courses.
- Experience in the management of capital, Mechanical, Building Services Projects in the public or commercial sectors.
- Commercial experience of negotiating and procuring contracts.
- Experience of preparing specifications and tender documents.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to fulfil the duties of the role.
- Effective Communicator.
- IT Literate.
- Report Writing.
Start Date: ASAP
Working Hours: 36 Hours per week, Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: £17.95 p/h
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.