£16.39 - £17.21 per hour
11 months ago
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
Provide concept to completion cost effective designs, specifications and co- ordination of mechanical services installations associated with the County Council's Capital Building and Maintenance programmes. The services provided may extend to other departments of the County Council, outside agencies and outside public bodies as and when required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively lead and develop strategies designed to deliver, cost effective, energy efficient designs with minimum maintenance.
- To provide expertise and design in mechanical services design concepts, incorporating the latest sustainable energy efficient technologies. (Using AutoCAD), and specification writing.
- Proactively monitor and control the day to day finances of engineering contracts including the verification of final accounts with consideration for the County Councils financial regulations.
- Provide assistance in providing information to enable feasibility's to be carried out for internal and external clients.
- Provide support and assist design teams and members working on various work streams.
- Ensure that materials, equipment and plant are specified in accordance County Council's tendering procedures.
- Represent, prepare, and present reports and action matters arising in the absence of the Senior Electrical Design Engineer as required.
- Undertake detailed site surveys and condition reports in order to produce accurate cost plans.
- Attend regular internal meetings for reviewing the operation and effectiveness of the design office.
- Review the efficiency of systems specified and installed including the effectiveness of any new technologies.
- Liaise with specialist and other consultants to obtain assistance in the delivery of the County Council's capital building and maintenance programmes
- Oversee project / site works by contractors / direct service organisations.
- Actively support the Council's Equality and Diversity policy.
- Ensure own compliance with the Council's Health & Safety policy/procedures and that of any resources you have responsibility for.
- Identify opportunities and risks associated with the service and escalate/report to management.
- Comply with the Council's policies on information security including the ICT Security Policy, Internet and Email Policy and Safe Haven Guidance.
Skills and Experience:
Services Design Engineering.
Good working knowledge of current all current standards relating to building and energy, design, construction and maintenance.
Good computer and IT skills, specifically competent on AutoCAD and database packages.
Maintain understanding of legislation related to design, health & safety, construction
& maintenance, Building Regulations and British Standards.
For this role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
- Last 2 employers names.
- A suitable NI Number.
- Driving Licence.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.