£20.88 - £21.92 per hour
4 days ago
Our client is seeking a Mechanical and Electrical Surveyor on an initial 3-month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours & Pay Rate:
Monday - Friday, 37 hours at £20.88 p/h PAYE.
- To provide a comprehensive mechanical and electrical Engineering service for Housing's Property Services.
- To work with the Property Services Manager and other section head staff within the Housing and Communities Service to ensure the achievement of excellence in its services to its customers, both internal and external.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the development of a creative and open environment within the section, where employees feel supported, involved and consulted.
- To make use of the technology available to improve communication within the Team and the Council as a whole.
- To carry out all the work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures, e.g. Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Customer Care, etc.
- To assist, within the scope of the post, with the development of effective links with individual customers and customer groups to contribute to the development of effective marketing of services.
- To be accountable for delivering service standards, quality and performance targets, in relation to the activities for which the post is responsible for, in accordance with the Unit's Service Development Plan and the Council's Corporate Plan, in order to improve continually the quality of service provided to current and potential customers.
- To be personally accountable for carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post, in accordance with the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy and Practices.
- To network and develop effective partnerships with Officers, Members, Trades Unions and relevant external organisations, including contractors and consultants.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of Mechanical and Electrical Services environment delivering both planned and reactive work programmes.
- Post qualification experience working at senior level.
- Relevant experience of dealing with contractors, members of the public, building users and housing tenants.
- Supervision of works and consultants
- Producing all tender documentation including and not limited to writing specifications, producing AutoCAD drawing and carrying out relevant design calculations on Mechanical and electrical projects
- Completing heating installs such as ASC code CCN1, CEN1, HTR1, WAT1, CKR1, CPA1, MET1
- HND in Mechanical & Electrical or Building Services disciplines
- Construction Design Co-ordinator Experienced
- Health and safety qualification - IOSH (as a minimum) or similar or willing to undertake and obtain within the first 12 months of employment.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases