£20.88 - £21.92 per hour
11 days ago
Our client is seeking a Mechanical And Electrical Surveyor on an initial 3 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours: Monday - Friday, 37 Hours
Pay Rate: £20.88 P/H PAYE
To provide a comprehensive mechanical and electrical Engineering service for Housing's Property Services.
To work with the Property Services Manager and other section head staff within the Housing and Communities Service to ensure the achievement of excellence in its services to its customers, both internal and external.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the development of a creative and open environment within the section, where employees feel supported, involved and consulted
- To make use of the technology available to improve communication within the Team and the Council as a whole.
- To carry out all the work within the spirit and intent of relevant legislation and Council policies and procedures, e.g. Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety, Customer Care, etc.
- To assist, within the scope of the post, with the development of effective links with individual customers and customer groups to contribute to the development of effective marketing of services.
- To be accountable for delivering service standards, quality and performance targets, in relation to the activities for which the post is responsible for, in accordance with the Unit's Service Development Plan and the Council's Corporate Plan, in order to improve continually the quality of service provided to current and potential customers
- To be personally accountable for carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the post, in accordance with the Council's Equal Opportunities Policy and Practices.
- To network and develop effective partnerships with Officers, Members, Trades Unions and relevant external organisations, including contractors and consultants.
- To ensure adherence to health and safety policies incorporated in the Borough Council's Manual of Policy, Procedures and Guidance and any relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- To assist in the development and subsequent development of the BS EN ISO 9001 Quality Assurance system (or any future equivalent systems which may be used).
- To work on specific projects (service unit, operational group and Council-wide), which become necessary over time including assisting the Principal Building Surveyor with larger complex projects.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of Mechanical and Electrical Services environment delivering both planned and reactive work programmes
- Post qualification experience working at senior level.
- Relevant experience of dealing with contractors, members of the public, building users and housing tenants.
- Supervision of works and consultants
- Managing staff
- Working with Partnering and Traditional forms of contract.
- Producing all tender documentation including and not limited to writing specifications, producing AutoCAD drawing and carrying out relevant design calculations on Mechanical and electrical projects
- Open-book target contract accounting
- Construction Design Co-ordinator Experienced
- HND in Mechanical & Electrical or Building Services disciplines
- Completing heating installs such as: ASC code CCN1, CEN1, HTR1, WAT1, CKR1, CPA1, MET1
- Qualification in target contract and open-book accounting
- An in depth knowledge and understanding of Gas Safety Regulation 1998 and Electrical at Works Regulations, Seventeenth Addition, current edition of BS 7671, Part P and the codes of practice and guidance documents relevant to a range of electrical work undertaken and the Water Regulations 1999
- Are able to manage the procurement and service delivery of construction consultants.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanical and electrical services with and understanding of design calculations
- Good knowledge of relevant forms of contract for consultancy and works
- To understand the methods of project planning and includes human and financial resources aspects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases