£15.06 - £15.81 per hour
10 days ago
Our client is seeking a Mechanical and Electrical Surveyor on an initial 3 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
To provide a comprehensive mechanical and electrical Engineering service for Housing's Property Services.
To work with the Property Services Manager and other section head staff within the Housing and Communities Service to ensure the achievement of excellence in its services to its customers, both internal and external.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work on specific projects (service unit, operational group and Council-wide), which become necessary over time including assisting the Principal Building Surveyor with larger complex projects.
- To assist in Property Services fundamental systems review in an open and co-operative manner and to implement identified improvements.
- To represent the Principal Building Surveyor at various programme management meetings, contractor briefings and site meetings, chairing these where appropriate.
- To attend, and chair when required, various partnering Core Group meetings in order to support the Property Service Manager and Principal Building Surveyor
- To be responsible for managing mechanical and electrical contracts and to ensure that they are organised, administered and paid in accordance with the council's rules fro contracts and financial regulations.
- Undertake pre-inspection and testing, specifying works and to carry out quality control inspections onsite during and after the works ensuring a high quality product is being delivered.
- To diagnose faults and specify repairs; in situations where repairs are not possible to undertake full survey of property and compiling specifications.
- To prepare design drawings and specifications for mechanical and electrical engineering services in accordance with best practice current legislation.
- To carry out mechanical and electrical on-site audits and to produce reports as necessary.
- To develop close and effective relationships with the M & E Partners, Plant Maintenance/Energy Manager, Housing Scheme Managers, Asset Management Officer and work with them to develop future programmes of work.
- To assist in carrying out pre-procurement options appraisals in conjunction with the wider Property Services teams to ensure the most appropriate and cost effective route.
- To manage the lift maintenance and refurbishment/renewal contracts directly or through consultants.
- To help prepare mini competitive tenders within framework agreements
- To ensure the effective and efficient management of the electrical maintenance service level agreement.
- Provide management reports and ensure compliance with legislation relating to mechanical and electrical safety.
- To assist contract support in ensuring the timely and regular provision of all relevant data relating to agreed contractual KPI's, analysing the data and instigating corrective actions as appropriate.
- To ensure that all projects comply with the Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations (CAWR) 2012 in respect of the Council's housing stock and Housing Revenue Account owned buildings.
- To assist in ensuring that the Council complies with the Fire Regulations [Regulatory] Reform Order  in respect of its domestic and Housing Revenue Account owned buildings and communal areas.
- To ensure that mechanical and electrical projects meets statutory obligations in relation to building related and access issues arising from the Disability Discrimination Act.
- To assist with appointments, in accordance with Council's standing orders, instruct, co-ordinate and liaise with specialist consultants.
- To manage and to ensure that programmes & projects are professionally project managed and co-ordinate with clear lines of communication involving other area of Property Services.
- To liaise and work directly with the Asset Management Officer to ensure that Assets information before and after completed works are exchanged in the most effective and efficient manner.
- To contribute and assist in the development/implementation to Housing & Communities' asset databases
- To manage and update drawing records and other information in respect of managing the assets and produce AutoCAD drawings where necessary for planning and or building regulations approvals.
- To offer technical advice to the Council and its operational groups and service units on mechanical and electrical issues.
- Authorise valuation/purchase order/invoices up to £100,000.00.
- To establish, using own specialist knowledge, best practice in areas of activity for which the post is responsible.
- If required and following suitable training, participate in a 24-hour responsive service to serious incidents, including responding outside working hours and taking appropriate action.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of Mechanical and Electrical Services environment delivering both planned and reactive work programmes.
- Post qualification experience working at senior level.
- Relevant experience of dealing with contractors, members of the public, building users and housing tenants.
- Supervision of works and consultants.
- Managing staff.
- Working with Partnering and Traditional forms of contract.
- Producing all tender documentation including and not limited to writing specifications, producing AutoCAD drawing and carrying out relevant design calculations on Mechanical and electrical projects.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases