Up to £23.07 per hour + Excellent Benefits
17 days ago
3 months +
A 3 months+ opportunity for a Marketing Communications Officer has arisen with the local authorities in Portsmouth.
Initially role will be working from home, unless required to attend specific events. In coming months there may some office working. Flexible working available.
The post holder will be part of a team working on transport projects within the centralised marketing and corporate communications team at Portsmouth City Council, working closely and spending some time co-located with transport and project teams.
The post holder will be based in the council's civic offices headquarters, in the heart of Portsmouth's city centre.
The marketing communications officer (transport) will deliver marketing and communications for projects and services within the transport and infrastructure departments, understanding business needs and ensuring support from marketing and communications meets service expectations and objectives. Lead on marketing, communications and engagement strategies for transport major projects, ensuring communications are evaluated and deliver to clear SMART objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- a communications, marketing or PR degree and/or professional qualification OR substantial experience in a communications, marketing or PR role.
- proven experience successfully leading on marketing and communications for an organisation or major project.
- significant proven marketing experience, including experience of marketing for behaviour change/social marketing.
- a good track record developing and delivering successful targeted marketing and communications strategies and campaigns designed to engage a wide range of target audiences, delivering results to clear SMART objectives.
- proven experience working directly with local communities on potentially contentious or controversial topics, using a range of tools to effectively engage with a range of audiences.
Hours of work are 9am till 5pm, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.