£10.55 - £13.13 per hour + (PAYE or Umbrella Company)
13 days ago
An 11 month+ opportunity has arisen for a Management Support Officer within the local authorities in Lincoln.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled Personal Assistant to join our service supporting our Senior Management Team at Lincolnshire County Council.
Experience of working within a similar role with an ability to undertake diary management, organising meetings, undertaking project work and minute taking are essential. You will be proficient in Microsoft Office with an understanding of working confidentially and meeting deadlines.
As part of the wider Business Support family to provide comprehensive and confidential administrative support to Senior Managers in an efficient and effective way, ensuring best use of resources and contributing to the development of the Council's shared values, visions and policy objectives.
Contribute to the delivery of services for area of responsibility. Assist, as appropriate, with providing an integrated approach to performance management, quality standards and service delivery. Embedding new ways of thinking and working and developing and maintaining strong, positive working relationships across service areas, with providers and partners.
Take personal responsibility to provide advice and guidance and/or work within own area of responsibility as appropriate. Continuously look for synergies and efficiency savings across area of responsibility
- Manage a professional secretarial and administrative service to the Senior Management Team (Officers).
- Manage the Senior Manager(s) e-mails and diary, ensuring the most efficient use of time and resources; organising deputies to attend meetings where necessary.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints using judgement, tact and diplomacy, working to tight deadlines with attention to detail.
- Deal with queries and requests from Officers and elected members exercising appropriate judgement, tact and diplomacy when deciding on how to handle the communication.
- Use creativity and innovation to deal with issues that arise in the Senior Manager(s) absence and proactively create new procedures to ensure that office continues to run effectively and efficiently.
- Provide a general research function to the Senior Manager(s) and collate information in order to meet deadlines. Undertake project and consultation exercises as required, ensuring prompt accurate responses, analysing returns, preparing summaries, manipulating data and detail and presentation of documentation in the most suitable format.
- Assist with arrangements for official visits by Government Ministers and senior officials as well as those for seminars, conferences and other events.
- Contribute to effective liaison across Directorates; maintain good working relationships across the Council and with outside partners and customers.
- At least 5 GCSE passes at Grade C or above or equivalent
- Experience of MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and Visio as a minimum
- Experience in working in a senior secretarial role
- Understanding of how to provide excellent customer Service
- Experience in dealing with the public either face to face, telephone written capacity
- Good working knowledge of Local Government and political awareness
Monday - Friday
Rate of Pay:
To apply please send your CV or email for more information.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.