£24.43 - £25.43 per hour
29 days ago
2 months +
We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our busy offices based in Basingstoke on a temporary basis for 2 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £24.43 p/h.
As the Management Accountant, your main duties will include:
- To be a prime point of contact and support on all management accounting matters to Directors, Heads of Departments and the operational management teams.
- Responsible for the budget and forecasting process, using your experience to support budget holders; knowing when to encourage, when to instruct, and when to push back.
- Effective management of period end procedures to support timely and accurate delivery of monthly management reporting, including related analysis, follow up and detailed commentary.
- Collaborate with both financial and non-financial staff to ensure the production and delivery of accurate management accounts, forecasts and budgets.
- Identify and implement improvements to the month end financial close process, the annual budget process and other on-going reporting processes.
- Provide support to the Finance Manager - Financial Accounting for the development and co-ordination of the requirements of month end ledger control, ensuring that all balance sheet transactions initiated by the team (e.g. accruals) are reconciled monthly and that all transactions are appropriately represented in the ledgers.
- Provide support to the Finance Manager - Systems and Data for the development and management of systems and processes that deliver coordinated financial management information to the business as a whole. 2 Sovereign Housing Association Limited is charitable
- Provide support to the Finance Manager - System and Data and the Finance Analysts with the development of robust financial management information to allow the business to analyse operations in terms of price, mix and volume variances, as well as day to day delivery of other operations that may not fit that criteria.
- Ensure the timely production of data to feed into the Business Planning process.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility and accountability of the post.
- Observe and comply with Sovereign's policies and procedures for Health and Safety at work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with Sovereign's values, aims and objectives.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to Sovereign's corporate objectives.
- Continuously seek realistic ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness in your role, to help the department, and Sovereign, achieve its goals.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
To be successful for this Management Accountant post you will need to have:
- Previous employment in a senior accounting role for a housing association, in the construction sector or for a property services firm would be highly advantageous.
- Proven track record of working effectively in a fast paced client driven environment.
- A strong, clear working knowledge of processes and controls surrounding budgeting, forecasting and management account preparation, including detailed report writing and analysis.
- A strong, clear working knowledge management information report writing and design, including detailed variance analysis
- Preparation of process mapping and procedure documentation.
- Highly numerate and computer literate with strong Microsoft skills covering Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Agresso Accounting system, Sequel Development system and ActiveH housing management system advantageous but not essential.
- Good understanding of relevant legislation and accounting principles for Housing Associations.
- Practical knowledge of the principles of management accounting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent post graduate accounting qualification, with three years post qualification experience.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.