£12.81 - £13.45 per hour
4 months ago
Our client is seeking an Management Accountant on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
The role will ensure budget holders are provided with the necessary financial information and advice in order to maintain budgetary control within the organisation. This will include support for both capital and revenue budgets and the budget setting process. The role will also provide key information to enable the closure of accounts process to be completed.
Working through the Service Accountants the role will be expected to link closely with the Business Reporting Managers and their staff to ensure a co-ordinates delivery of financial support is maintained.
The role will ensure the standards and protocols set by the Finance Service are applied in the delivery of front line services and new business opportunities developed by client departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the delivery for client services of financial reports such that the financial management needs both revenue and capital of the services are met. This would include ensuring accurate budget reports are produced on time and the attendance at budgetary control meetings with clients to identify any issues of concern.
- To work with client services to identify, quantify and report/escalate significant financial problems or weaknesses through to Service Accountants.
- To provide support and/or attend strategic meetings with Business Reporting Manager and client departments to ensure officers are provided with the most accurate reliable and timely information.
- To work with Finance colleagues to ensure that data (actual and budget, revenue and capital, and projected) within the Council's electronic financial management system (Oracle ERP) is secure and accurate in relation to their client services.
- Where responsible to complete in a timely and accurate manner reconciliations, clearance of suspense accounts and the processing of journals and cerements.
- To support the Council's Annual Budget setting process to be completed on time and in line with agreed arrangements for their client services including dis-aggregating accurately all agreed corporate budgets.
- To support in the completion of the Council's Final Accounts and associated external reporting requirements (including Statutory Returns) including ensuring the validation of all client service's lines of account.
- To provide support to ensure that all major projects, capital schemes and/or business opportunities in their client services are consistent with corporate and/or service objectives and priorities and are appropriately appraised, financially robust and legal.
- To contribute to the delivery of financial training to ensure key stakeholders are resourced to deliver effective budget management and be made aware of accounting policy changes. This would include supporting in the delivery of training to non-finance managers.
- Attending Senior leadership and management team meetings to give advice as required on financial management.
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrates good understanding of high level and detailed medium term financial forecasting and budgeting processes
- Demonstrates ability to provide and enable financial advice in relation to financial standards, options appraisal, and financial modelling.
- Demonstrates some experience of providing budget management advice and the ability to reflect within this the drivers and pressures of Services supported.
- Good knowledge of the range of software packages and demonstrates a good level of IT literacy. Understands the links and conflicts between the systems. Possesses good level of personal IT literacy
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of staff and client officers including demonstrating good personal communication skills both verbal and written.
Disclaimer: By applying for this role, you give consent for your information to be forwarded to our Client(s) and information of which may be retained within our databases