29 days ago
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Specialist in the Maintenance and repairs industry and is looking for someone up to 10 years experience.
The applicant must have the below to qualify to move forward in the application;
To lead a Maintenance team undertaking a variety of property repairs. Ensure the efficient delivery of the responsive repairs, ensuring that it is well-organised, customer focussed and cost effective and that a quality product is delivered. In line with performance targets and service standards monitor performance and continuously improve service delivery.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of staff supervision
- Experience of Asset Management and maintenance
- Building pathology especially skills relating fault diagnosis
- Good level of knowledge of sector regulations, legal duties, health and safety regulations
- Experience of procurement and project management
- Interdependencies of construction trades
- An understanding of administrative processes and systems
- Experience of working with the public
- Good understanding of IT and housing/repair database systems
- Ability to manage own time and workload
- To survey, plan, organise and lead work so that it is carried out as efficiently as possible. To ensure that work orders are well defined in order to allow the workforce to determine the work required
- Day to day performance management, budgetary and quality control of responsive repairs in designated areas / Performance management including supervision of the external contractors and workforce ensuring that targets and KPI's are met
- Leading the workforce, setting and monitoring performance standards, ensuring that work is completed to the required standard and within the required timescale. Leading meetings with the workforce discussing a range of issues and to agree and monitor through formal appraisals and other more informal methods, provide constructive feedback and support as necessary. Identifying training needs as required.
- Apply knowledge and skills to record and report on status and condition of fixtures and fittings. This is to enable appropriate information to be fed into reports including recommendations concerning future maintenance
- To organise and control materials ensuring that appropriate materials are effectively utilised and that best value is achieved in their purchase. Ensure that materials can be quickly accessed when required to avoid any delay in the completion of works.
- Liaise with both internal and external customers appropriately and promptly, to ensure those connected or involved in your work are aware of progress and action taken or action required to rectify the identified defect/s
Participate effectively in Mobile Working by accurately operating the electronic recording system where issued, or paper systems, to plan appointments and for the recording of job order/s including; transmission and maintenance of timesheets, work completion status, vehicle records, materials management and progress against target objectives set for; time, cost and quality
To work closely with the Health and Safety Team to ensure that safe systems of work are in place to mitigate risks and that the requirements of Health and Safety legislation are met
Participate in the delivery of Out of Hours call out service in accordance with SDC's current policies and procedures
CLIENT IS HAPPY TO DISCUSS THE BEST RATE OF PAY DEPENDING ON THE BEST SUITABLE CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE.
If you are interested in this positon - please contact me on: or alternatively contact me on: 02038902797
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.