£9.74 - £10.23 per annum
10 days ago
Our client is seeking a Mail Distribution and Print Operative on an initial 2 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
37 Hours per week
Monday - Friday
- The post holder will be primarily based in one of three sub team areas, either Electronic Mail Processing or Corporate Support or Print & Mail. However, there may be times when they will be required to complete tasks outside of their sub team, working closely with colleagues to complete Mail Distribution & Print support activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The post holder will carry out standard and routine clerical electronic processing within the corporate mail distribution and print department as allocated by the line manager. This includes scanning and indexing incoming mail, planning applications, building control applications, licensing and parking services. The uploading of electronic files will also be required. The processes have a range of detailed guidance documents and procedure notes, with clear standards and senior officers available for queries and escalation of issues where required.
- The post holder will ensure they handle confidential and sensitive documents appropriately and securely in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
Skills and Experience:
- NVQ 2 - Printing or similar level of accreditation, or equivalent experience.
- Able to use a range of guidance documents in order to follow correct processes.
- Able to use initiative to solve day to day problems which necessitates checking straight forward written information, figures etc, and the ability to know when to refer to line manager.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately. Awareness of the Data Protection Act and how it relates to the role.
- Possess emotional resilience when handling potentially distressing documents
- Previous experience of using Microsoft Office
- Previous experience working in an office setting, dealing with high volumes of work, queries and documents.
- The willingness and ability to acquire, develop and extend skills, and be adaptable and flexible to support the corporate facilities.
- Good customer care skills to deal with customers and colleagues courteously.
- Exemplifying the Council's values and behaviours.
For this job role you will need the following:
- 2 Years written referencing (All gaps verified).
- You are eligible to work in the UK.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.